Founded in 1988, the Endocrine Nurses Society is a non-profit professional organization for Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and all Health Professionals interested in collaborative, interdisciplinary practice caring for persons with, or at risk for, endocrine disorders.
ENS is Unique
Staffed by members who volunteer. ENS has no employees and no funded office space. ENS is funded by tax-deductible donations.
To promote excellence in the art and science of Endocrine Nursing throughout the world.
- To advance the highest standards of endocrine nursing practice, education, and research.
- To promote healthy lifestyle choices in the prevention and management of endocrine-related health disorders.
- To facilitate communication among its members, support interdisciplinary collaboration, and provide a forum for learning and sharing.
- Support professional development and facilitate communication among endocrine nurses.
- Provide educational forums on health topics related to endocrine disorders.
- Support nursing research related to the care of patients with endocrine disorders.
- Enhance interdisciplinary collaboration in patient care and research.
Who we are
- 6% Doctorate Nurse (PhD, DNP)
- 33% Nurse Practitioner
- 61% RN/BSN
- 2% non-nurse
- 50% can prescribe
- 5% international
- 99% educators